Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hot Rods and Rock n' Roll

"I get off on 57 Chevys. I get off on screaming guitars"

That's a line from one of my favorite Eric Clapton songs and it pretty much sums it up. Cool cars and Rock music naturally go together. I mean the first thing we do when we get our first car is install a good sound system. Am I right?

Well some of the early Rock n' Roll was the coolest especially when you look at the cover art. Below is some of my old favorites from Jan and Dean, The Beach Boys and other artists.

I found all of these at swap meets and flea markets and I plan on framing them to hang in the Garage.

Click on each image for a larger version.

3 comments:

Vic1964 said...

It is ashame about the demise of album art. The art on CD's is just not the same and it is even worse with iPods.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Roger, but I (Larz@silhouettez.com) is still blocked

Unknown said...

Roger...why so long with no posts?